Last Wednesday during an interview with iHeartRadio, Jessica Simpson proclaimed to the world that she doesn’t brush her teeth. You can see a video of that part of the interview at the bottom of this article.
I don’t brush my teeth! No really! I just use Listerine and sometimes I’ll use my sweater. No— I do brush every now and again, but my teeth are extremely powerful. I mean, find me when I’m 60 and they’ll probably be all out. But, I still like put on my face creams — they’re next to my bed.
After that, she exclaimed that she loves fried food.
I can only hope that there is fluoride in her face creams. But in all seriousness, how can Jessica Simpson have such great teeth if she doesn’t even brush them?
How Does She Have a Great Smile Without Brushing?
It’s important to note that Jessica never divulged how many cavities she has or has had. Also, when we look at her smile, are we looking at her real teeth, or are they covered in crowns or veneers?
Here’s seven theories I came up with about how Jessica Simpson can have great teeth without brushing:
- Jessica mentioned that she rinses with Listerine. Listerine by itself is able to reduce the amount of bacteria in the mouth. Perhaps this is helping to keep the level of her plaque-producing bacteria lower. Maybe she is using a mouthwash that contains fluoride, which helps strengthen the teeth in more ways than one.
- She mentions that she loves fried food. Most people I know who love fried food like two things: french fries and chicken nuggets. One thing many people may not know about is the high fluoride content of chicken nuggets and other mechanically separated chicken products. Perhaps that extra dose of fluoride really has made her teeth more powerful!
- She may not eat much sugar or carbohydrates. Low sugar diets as well as diets low in fermentable carbohydrates will be starving the bacteria in her mouth that cause plaque. This reduces their numbers and it means that they won’t be able to hurt her teeth as much.
- Jessica Simpson may have grown up drinking fluoridated water. If she did, then the enamel in her teeth has lots of fluorapatite crystals in it which are more resistant to cavity-producing bacteria.
- She uses her sweater to brush her teeth. I found this funny at first, because sometimes when I’ve been in a bind and felt plaque on my teeth with my tongue, I’ve used my t-shirt sleeve to wipe it off. It works because plaque is rather soft and can be disrupted by a sweater. Perhaps she is removing lots of plaque off of her teeth with each swipe of her sweater. Hopefully that sweater is making it into the laundry after each use and not back in Jessica’s closet.
- She did mention that she does brush from time to time. Perhaps this brushing together with her “sweater swiping” and mouthwash usage is doing enough to make her teeth appear rather healthy.
- Another thing to consider is that while her teeth may appear healthy right now, perhaps her gums are gradually receding over time and she could be diagnosed with periodontitis in the future. She could be right about losing her teeth by age 60 if she continues her current oral hygiene practices.
The Video Interview
Here’s the video of her interview where Jessica Simpson confesses her dirty oral hygiene secret to all:
Do you think she just wanted publicity or does she really not brush her teeth? Do you know someone who doesn’t brush they’re teeth but still has a nice smile? Let us all know in the comments below!